- A splash of Vainilla Molina
- 500g of Mexican hawthorn (tejocote)
- 500g of guava
- 250g of prunes
- 5 slices of green apples
- 1kg of sugarcane pieces
- 250g of peeled tamarind
- 4 cinnamon sticks of 6cm
- 550g of sugar
- 100g of unrefined sugar
- 50g of Jamaica juice
- 250ml of red wine
- Cut the hawthorn and the guava into fourths. Cut the apple slices into small pieces. Peel the sugarcane.
- In a large pot, heat up 5 liters of water with the sugar, the cinnamon, the unrefined sugar, the tamarind and the Jamaica juice.
- Add the hawthorn and the peeled sugarcane to the pot.
- 5 minutes later, first add the apple pieces and then the guava and the prunes.
- Remember to keep the heat at medium and let the fruits absorb the water for a bit, without the guava and the apples falling apart.
- Add the splash of Vainilla Molina and the red wine. Remove from heat, and let cool.