- BlOG -
Take a splash of Vanilla Molina® to your days, here you will find how.
TOP Secrets to fluffy pancakes!
11 / 01 / 2022
We love pancakes! The fluffier, the better, right? Keep reading to discover the best-kept secrets for making the lightest, fluffiest pancakes.
Whether they're topped with honey, berries, condensed milk or hazelnut cream, they're definitely a little piece of heaven.
Focusing on the batter is key. Make sure you use the right ingredients, amounts, temperatures and directions. Don't worry though! This recipe's super simple, and we’ll be by your side every step of the way.
Always use fresh ingredients.
Make sure your flour, yeast, baking powder, eggs, milk and butter aren't expired. Freshness is key here. For example, good yeast creates that spongy texture we're after.
Mix the dry ingredients in one bowl and the wet ingredients in another
Then add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir. This will help distribute the ingredients evenly and prevent overmixing.
Don’t over mix
Using your hand or an electric mixer, mix the dough just until the ingredients are fully combined--not a second longer! It's okay if it's a little lumpy.
The secret is in the egg whites!
Yep, egg whites are THE determining factor here. To give your pancakes that fluffy text, beat only the egg whites for 3 minutes on medium speed. They'll start turning creamy, which means it's time to add them to the pancake mixture. Use a wooden spatula to incorporate everything.
There you have it! Now it's up to you to use our secrets to make your pancakes. This simple recipe takes a splash of Vainilla Molina and is ready in just 5 minutes!
You can also double the batter, make your pancakes, freeze them and pop them in the microwave or toaster in the morning for a few seconds for a quick and delicious breakfast.
2 cups of flour
2 tbsp of sugar
6 tbsp of baking powder
1 ½ cups of milk
4 tbsp of vegetable oil
A big splash of Vainilla Molina
2 large eggs
1. Grease a skillet and heat over low-medium heat.
2. Combine the dry ingredients in a bowl and mix them with a fork.
3. Separate the 2 eggs, keeping whites and yolks in separate containers.
4. Mix the wet ingredients in a second bowl and stir lightly with a fork.
5. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients.
6. Beat by hand or with an electric mixer for 10 seconds, BUT DON'T OVERMIX!
7. Now, beat the egg whites with an electric mixer for 3 minutes until you get a thick, creamy consistency.
8. Add this mixture to the pancake batter and carefully incorporate using a spatula.
9. Stop right when you see that the egg whites are fully incorporated.
10. Take some of the batter with a serving utensil, pour it onto the preheated skillet and spread the batter with a spoon in a circular motion.
11. Wait for bubbles to form and then flip it over.
12. Cook on the other side for a minute or two and remove from heat.
13. Repeat steps 10-12 until you're out of batter.
Want MORE fluffy pancakes? Try to keep the batter a little thick, and don't spread it too thinly on the skillet.