- A splash of Vainilla Molina
- 3 1/3 cups of flour
- 2 tsp of ground ginger
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 2 tsp of cinnamon
- ¼ tsp of ground clove
- 1 ½ cups of room temperature butter
- ½ cup of brown sugar
- 1 egg
- Royal icing, as needed
Ingredients for royal icing
- 1 egg white
- 2 2/3 cups of powdered sugar
- Juice of one lemon
- Natural dyes to taste
For royal icing:
1. Whisk egg white to break it up.
2. Sift sugar and add to mixture. Then squeeze the lemon into the mixture.
3. Mix fully, and cover with a damp paper towel.
4. Add natural dyes to taste.
For gingerbread cookies:
1. Mix the butter and sugar until creamy. Then add the splash of Vainilla Molina and the eggs, and mix fully.
2. Add remaining ingredients without mixing excessively.
3. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
4. Use a rolling pin to spread, and then use cookie cutters to form cookies and place them on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
5. Bake at 350 °F (180°C) for 8-10 minutes or until edges are firm.
6. Remove from oven and decorate cookies with royal icing.