3D rainbow cake
1 ½ cups butter, at room temperature
7 cups powdered sugar
1/4 - 1/3 cup of heavy cream
A big splash of Vainilla Molina
- Cut 1 cake in half, to obtain 2 half moons.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the butter on medium speed until smooth.
- Gradually add the powdered sugar until completely blended.
- Slowly add the cup of heavy cream and Vainilla Molina.
- Increase the mixer speed to high and mix for 1 minute until creamy.
- Add more heavy cream if a creamier frosting is desired.
- Color the 6 tones in different bowls with edible gel.
- Dip each color separately in piping bags.
- Place 1 crescent horizontally and start decorating with the icing by color, like a rainbow, starting with red.
- Once you are done, place the next layer of cake on top.
- Repeat this procedure until you finish the layers of your cake, they can be 3 or 4 layers.
- Place your layers vertically on a flat base.
- Cover the cake with white frosting.
- Begin to decorate a bow with each color, forming a rainbow.